Minerals guide: Rocks, Crystals&Gemstone. Geology APK
Rating: 0.00 (Votes: 0)
Minerals guide: Rocks, Crystals&Gemstone is a comprehensive application that allows geologists and hobbyists to examine and explore minerals, rocks, gemstones and crystals features.Geology Toolkit helps you to identify many types of fossils that you will find.
Whether you are preparing for an essay, studying for an exam or simply want to enrich your hobby or expand your knowledge, this "Smart Mineralogist" is your essential guide.
To meet the definition of "mineral" used by most geologists, a substance must meet five requirements:
1) Naturally occurring - people did not make it.
2) Inorganic - the substance is not made by an organism.
3) Solid - it is not a liquid or a gas at standard temperature and pressure.
4) Definite chemical composition - all occurrences of that mineral have a chemical composition that varies within a specific limited range.
5) Ordered internal structure - their atoms are arranged in a systematic and repeating pattern.
A mineraloid is a naturally occurring mineral-like substance that does not demonstrate crystallinity. Mineraloids possess chemical compositions that vary beyond the generally accepted ranges for specific minerals.
A crystal or crystalline solid is a solid material whose constituents (such as atoms, molecules, or ions) are arranged in a highly ordered microscopic structure, forming a crystal lattice that extends in all directions. The scientific study of crystals and crystal formation is known as crystallography. The process of crystal formation is called crystallization or solidification.
A gemstone (also called a gem, jewel, precious stone, or semi-precious stone) is a piece of crystal which, in cut and polished form, is used to make jewelry or other adornments. Most gemstones are hard, but some soft minerals are used in jewelry because of their luster or other physical properties that have aesthetic value. Rarity is another characteristic that lends value to a gemstone.
There are approximately 4000 different stone, and each of them has a unique set of physical properties. These include: color, streak, hardness, luster, diaphaneity, specific gravity, cleavage, fracture, magnetism, solubility, and many more.
This dictionary free offline:
• contains over 4000 definitions of characteristics and terms;
• ideal for professionals, students and hobbyists alike;
• advanced search function with autocomplete - search will start and predict word as you type;
• voice search;
• work offline - database packaged with the app, no data costs incurred when searching;
• includes hundreds of examples to illustrate the definitions;
• is an ideal app for quick reference or to learn more about the mineralogy.
The Minerals guide is very detailed and easy to comprehend. It's the best way to not forget anything. So much information for each category. Perfect for those who study of geological sciences and related fields like petrology, geochemistry, crystallography, and paleontology. It can be used by hobbyists or even kids as introduction to mineralogy.
Add Comment & Review
Add Comment & Review
Based on 0 Votes and 0 User Reviews
No reviews added yet.
Comments will not be approved to be posted if they are SPAM, abusive, off-topic, use profanity, contain a personal attack, or promote hate of any kind.
Other Apps in This Category